Monday 21 March 2011

Game Review - Amnesia: The Dark Descent

It seems that some games are
dedicated to entertaining you. Others intend to giving you an utterly new experience that you could never feel in real life. some end up being adrenaline-filled experiences that leave you gasping for reality. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a combination all of these particular traits that are difficult to gather in any game.

When I first picked up this game, I was not sure of what my reaction would have been. I thought that knowing the kind of game it was, I would not be affected. But I was completely wrong.

The story roughly follows the path of your character called Daniel. you find yourself in a haunted mansion (as you do) and you seem to be suffering from amnesia. Quickly getting into the horror, this game invigorates the hearts of even the most sturdy. I even ended up having to rage quit several times so that I did not have a panic attack.

This game has definitely redefined the zenith of the survival horror gaming. I am sure by the end of this rush, you will find yourself hyperventilating in a pool of your own sweat. And the first half hour of gameplay is the walk in the park.

Rating: 7/10

- Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment